Thursday, October 9, 2014

Growing Up With Technology


When I went into kindergarten, we were not allowed to use computers. There was one computer in the classroom but that was only used by teachers. Once I entered first grade, we had computer classes. For the next eight years, all that we did in computer class was type. Whether it be words or just letters, we typed for forty-five minutes straight. I vividly remember my wrists aching at the end of each class. We would do website research once in a blue moon but that was very rare.

 Every once in a while our computers would randomly shut down. Each class at least one computer was not working. We were assigned a specific computer every year and had to sit there. At first we got to pick our seats but as I got older, we started sitting in alphabetical order. The best activity I had ever done on the computer was anything that did not involve too much typing. At the beginning of seventh grade, my teacher had us draw a picture and senior year we got to look at it. It was funny to see what we were like five years prior to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment