Thursday, October 9, 2014

What Brought Me to SNHU


               While I was looking for colleges to apply to, I went to a college fair. SNHU was the first one that stuck out to me. It had a great education program and the students got to observe in classrooms the very first semester. All of the other colleges that I had previously looked at, did not have that option. While I was finding more out about SNHU, I went on a tour of the campus. Even though it is a cliché saying, right when I drove on campus, I knew it was the college for me. Everyone was very friendly, happily answered whatever questions either myself or my parents had, and the campus was small; I was not interested in going to a large campus whatsoever. I also liked that the professors had such a close knit relationship with the students.

                EDU 235 is the fourth education class that I have taken, including SPED classes. This semester, I am also taking another EDU class and along with another SPED class. I am excited to learn from this class because I do not know anything about technology. Even though our generation is “technologically savvy,” I have no clue what I am doing half of the time. I cannot begin to imagine what the next generation will be like. I heard somewhere that a majority of children learn how to use technology before they know how to talk. I believe it is unfortunate that in the future there is a high chance children will give up handwriting all together and just use technology. Also, some schools have stopped teaching cursive which is a huge negative because if there is a discovery somewhere from prehistoric times that is written in cursive, they will not be able to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment